How Do I Join In At Plentylife?
At Plentylife we currently use Zoom as the way we gather together as a community online.
Our Facebook page offers another way to connect with us, which you can access here.
We’d love you to join us via Zoom for any of our online gatherings, including our 10am worship services that take place every Sunday morning.Instructions for using ZOOM
1. When you receive the Zoom details you either click on the link provided, or enter the Zoom room number and password into your Zoom app.
2. If you are asked about downloading a Zoom plugin (software) please click ‘yes’.
3. Click ‘Join with Computer Audio’.
4. You may be placed in a waiting room until the gathering is scheduled to begin. At the scheduled time the leader of the meeting will invite you into the main meeting room.
5. If you are not familiar with the Zoom platform, take some time to explore the interface so you can find things such as how to mute your microphone, turn your camera on and join the chat box.
6. Once the gathering is underway we ask that you mute your microphone to reduce background noise.
Bible Study Groups
Bible study groups are one way that people in our church can connect to one another across our missional community network.
Weekly Monday Morning 10 am to 12 pm. Starting 15th February Study: John’s gospel from Chapter 9. Leaders: Pat, Jo and Sandy. Venue: Burdens’ Home. As we have quite a few mums with young children, we are looking for help to run a creche. If you or someone you know could help or would like to join this group, please contact Pat Wright, Sandy Burden or Jo Flynn.
Weekly Thursday Evenings 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm, starting 18th February. Study: John’s gospel from Chapter 9.Venue: TBA Leaders: Sandy Burden and Robyn Hines. We are looking for a host venue. If you would like to offer your home and or would like to join this group, please contact Sandy Burden or Robyn Hines.
Fortnightly Thursday Evenings from 7.30pm, starting 18th February. Study: Women of the Bible. Leader: Robyn Hines. Venue: Michelle’s home. If you would like to join this group, please contact Robyn Hines. If you are thinking about taking part remember you don’t need any qualifications, except a desire to connect with other women, an interest in the Bible, seeking answers and the opportunity to grow in faith and friendship.
You can listen to most of our past sermons here. Unfortunately we have not recorded our teaching since the COVID19 restrictions have been in place.
Giving and Donations
Whilst there is an opportunity to give financially in our Sunday services, our primary means of giving financially happens electronically.
Christmas Hampers: See the LTN Hampers page for more.
Give through ADF:
The Anglican Development Fund (ADF) is a confidential means of giving with no fees attached. To set up regular giving or to change your regular giving amount please fill out the form found here.
Give by Bank Deposit:
Name: The Anglican Parish of St Matthias, Mernda
BSB: 633 000
Account Number: 142491679
Tax Deductible giving to Love Thy Neighbour via MABS
Plentylife is able to receive tax deductible donations to our Love Thy Neighbour Project to At Risk Families through the Melbourne Anglican Benevolent Society (MABS).
The Love Thy Neighbour Project to At Risk Families includes our community food pantry as well as our KIDS HOPE AUS mentoring program at Ashley Park Primary School.
As you wish to make donations to this program, we would encourage you to make use of MABS to receive a tax-deductible receipt.
Here are the ways you can donate:
- With a cheque made out to ‘Melbourne Anglican Foundation’. Any new donors need to provide name, address, phone number, email address for the receipt to be
generated, ideally complete the donation form.
- Over the phone: ring Fiona Langton in the MABS office (9653 4286) and have your credit card details handy.
- Via the Melbourne Anglican Foundation Website. There are two options for donating here:
- Click the ‘Click here for the 2020 Melbourne Anglican Foundation donation form’ if you wish to print out a donation form to mail to the Melbourne Anglican Foundation.
- Click the ‘Donate Online Here’ button and follow the link for online donations.
- Under the ‘Select the fund you wish to donate to’ menu click on ‘Melbourne Anglican Benevolent Society (MABS).
- A new drop-down box will then appear where you need to select ‘PLentylife Love Thy Neighbour Project’.
Plentylife’s ABN number: 73714372633